20 users commented in " If I Could Turn Back Time (2nd Anni) "

Follow-up comment rss or Leave a Trackback

in February 22nd, 2010 at 3:48 am

Very beautiful Esther. When I look at this post, I think there are supposed to be photos, but I don’t seem them.

Two years….

I’m sure you wish you could talk to your Mom about now. Hope things are improving and that you will be home shortly. How is Anette doing with all the critters?

Long said,
in February 22nd, 2010 at 5:12 am

Hi, this is Long, the one who works in the Hotel in Taipei where you are staying now, your story really touch me, and I hope that will be a happy ending soon!

Long said,
in February 22nd, 2010 at 5:47 am

Oh..wait, I am the one you always see me at night in the hotel! I have looked back some of the pictures,stories and your live on this blog, and find that is really interested! I will continue to read your interesting live!

Leah Fry said,
in February 22nd, 2010 at 11:54 am

Hope all is going well. It’s pretty obvious your Dad misses her, too. That’s why all this is happening.

Jo said,
in February 22nd, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I reach out with big (((hugs))) to you today, Esther. I know how much you miss your mum and these past weeks’ happenings will make that longing even more poignant. How are you, what’s happening? Bless you my friend.

in February 22nd, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Esther: Beautiful tribute to Mom, I’m sure she is looking down on you with a smile on her face.

in February 22nd, 2010 at 4:31 pm

These photos are poignant in black and white, especially since I know what’s happening in your life. I continue to pray for you and for your family. This post reminds me of the song “Time in a Bottle” by Jim Croce.

“If I could save time in a bottle,
The first thing that I’d like to do
Is to save every day till eternity passes away,
Just to spend them with you
If I could make days last forever,
If words could make wishes come true
I’d save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you…”

Liz Isdahl Voorhies said,
in February 22nd, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Esther, your words and heart never fail to amaze me. Your mom was one of the most beautiful women I have ever known and her encouraging spirit and loving heart were gifts that she gave freely. You will always miss her but praise God, you will someday be with her again!

gina said,
in February 22nd, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Beautiful post. It is a pity you siblings could not spent a few days there together, visiting your Mom childhood and favorite places again.

How long do you still have to stay in Taiwan?What do you wait for, and what do you spend your time with?
G.

Long said,
in February 22nd, 2010 at 8:44 pm

When I went home this morning, I was so tired but I could not sleep well because their story had occupied my head!

What a surprise! When I went to work this evening, I saw the all members of this family, Mirian, Josef, Esther, their father and the uncle who I really respect on the subway station and we took the same subway to the same place……

Their father looked good today. Mirian seem got a fever and went back to hotel to sleep. Josef and Esther are accompanying their father somewhere in the city.

That’s the latest news.

Sorry everybody for my poor English!

m.e. said,
in February 22nd, 2010 at 11:43 pm

your blog is making new friends! even in the city of your “adversary”–if that’s what she can be called at this point. perhaps you’ve made a new friend in her, too. our hearts go out to you. thank you for this beautiful, heartfelt poetry.

gina said,
in February 23rd, 2010 at 2:21 am

The previous two posts are making this story more and more confusing. What is whatever this is happened to somebody else, who cannot summon all family members to get help from for this long time due to jobs, and family
responsibilities???
What if all this help cannot happen, because of the family’s financial situation?

Or there are no connections at all?

Would it be dangerous to let us know what is really happening???

I know, I have several sets of theories, and every few hours, I read some new clue, that gets me all unsure and questioning. Please, we are all worried, let us know what is really going on.
G.

Amber said,
in February 23rd, 2010 at 4:40 am

Beautiful Esther…I too wish I could turn back time and treasure those moments with my Mom. So fleeting and taken for granted but those memories are what I hold dear.

Amber

in February 23rd, 2010 at 5:28 am

Esther I remember this or a sim ilar post from last year and it’s still very touching, my thoughts are with you.

But please update your friends here on how things are with you now, we are all very concerned. Prayers go with you.

Jane said,
in February 23rd, 2010 at 7:22 am

Sending you hugs over the ether! I’m sure your mum is looking down at you and is very proud of everything you do, and the way you’re willing to support your dad. I hope the joy and tears were mixed.

in February 23rd, 2010 at 7:38 am

I am back at the hotel after two very intense days, where much time was spent at the police station. I now have a fever and a sore throat; will try to post an update soon. Thank you all (Long included!) for your thoughts, prayers and concern. It means so much!

m.e. said,
in February 23rd, 2010 at 12:26 pm

take care of yourselves!! what an agonizing situation…

Jenny said,
in February 23rd, 2010 at 4:04 pm

My thoughts are with you. You are going through so much right now, I can’t imagine what you are thinking and feeling. I know sometimes these anniversaries can bring a flood of emotions. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I have never met you but it feels as though we (readers)are able to get to know you through your blog.

Gemma said,
in February 27th, 2010 at 12:20 am

Your post is a wonderful tribute to your Mum! Remember, she is always with you, wherever you are!

in August 19th, 2010 at 11:06 am